Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Let the crafting continue!


I started making holiday candles last year, I believe they were on Bugs and Fishes but not totally sure. They are probably on this blog or my previous blog. They are cheap to make, but time consuming and patience testing! I have two that I love and have burned the last 3 years and are still going strong. Made some for my mom and grandparents. However my sister requested a "sweater snowflake pattern" because she wanted one! I starting looking up patterns from Swedish and Swiss patterns, with no luck. After much searching I found out it was Norwegian! I just love this pattern and I am pleased with the way it turned out. Candle: $1.89 cinnamon Puff paint in white: $1.29 Pattern Free! So about $3.00 to make.


So for those of you who know me it is no suprise that I adore GLITTER. I found 16 colors of glitter at Michael's. I knew there had to be a project in which I could use it, and I remembered Martha Stewarts graded glitter seashell tree from her December magazine. I loved the tree and decided I would make some! For about 6 dollars total, I made ALL of these fabulous shells. I need to figure out a way to hang them, but for now they look beautiful sparkling on my floor. Warning: you will be covered in glitter for days if you make these! And make sure you spray them with a finish so the glitter stays!
                                   
Alright now back to my sewing projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment