Although I have limited time, I did craft! Here are some fabulous Halloween costumes.
Zachary the black Voo Doo Doll
Me! These costumes were inspired by my trip to New Oreleans last year. As well as Tim Burton's Pin Cushion Queen and Voo Doo Girl! Love it!
How to make a voo doo Costume:
- old t-shirt, puffy paint, flower wire, old necklace that you are willing to take apart, sharpies, gue gun, felt, wire cutters and batting.
- Draw a heart on the felt cut out
- Take apart necklace, color beads with sharpies (it worked! I had white beads), hot glue beads to end of flower wire (strongest you can find), cut wires at different lengths. Cut little holes in the felt heart and then glue the wires into the hearts backside. Make sure to bend ends of wire or glob glue to keep from poking through! OUCH!
- Place batting all over the backside of the pin filled heart and then glue all around and place on shirt!
- Draw on fake stitches with puffy paint. Glitter if needed Let dry.
- REVIEW: I loved these costumes, fun to make and everyone said we should have entered a contest. I kept them, maybe next year? Beware of people poking them though! Fun times all around!
We held our first ever pumpkin carving party. Isn't this Spider I made the cutest?