Sunday, May 23, 2010

Felting!

I went to Maker's Faire today for the first time. I was amazed at all the different stuff! I was looking for one thing though. Needle felting! I have really wanted to try it, but I have not been able to find anything at a reasonable price, until today! NifNaks had a great kit for $15 which includes the foam board, 6 bundles of roving (you get to pick the color) and two felting needles. The kit comes with instructions and a bit of history about needle felting. They suggest starting out by making a ball. My ball turned into this:  
Isn't my lady bug cute!? It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but it did take a long time. This little guy is a bit bigger than a quarter. Love it!


More pictures of the Maker's Faire to come!

2 comments:

  1. Cute! Check out Woolpets, too. I have 1 of their kits and it was tons of fun, though I can agree w/ your sentiments about how it's not hard, but definitely time consuming. And fun. And a good way to relieve some frustrations if you have any :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep! I did look at woolpets! Their kits were very expensive at Maker Faire so I used this other lady, and I got a ton of supplies for free. Looking at Wool Pets is great inspiration though.

    ReplyDelete