Friday, July 3, 2009

Homemade Subversive Cross-Stitch

I told you I had a project in the works that might be, well...kinda gross! It makes me giggle every time I look at it. I was inspired by Subversive Cross-stitches blog/flickr account. I love looking at the absurd, rude and creative things that people make into cross-stitch! I had to make one!

Here is it:
Step 1. Find an amusing quote. This is a quote from SouthPark that my boyfriend and his friends say all the time. It never ceases to make me laugh.
Step 2. Design your pattern. Yes, I designed this pattern myself by piecing bits of designs I liked together. Here it is in the beginning stages:

3. Finish your cross-stitch while laughing because you have made something totally ridiculous. At at first glance, it looks pretty, but once you read it's not soo pretty after all! I made the butt design all by myself! :) So proud. HA! HA!

2 comments:

  1. In some twisted way this makes me want to cross stitch! Conveniently Thea bought me the Subversive Cross Stitch book a couple of years ago (I think it was her... or was it you?) and I've always wanted to do something from it, but have always been too caught up in my knitting...

    ReplyDelete